Thursday, January 28, 2010

DANTE: AND NOW FOR SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT

I say "a little different", because there's nothing significantly different from the Dante you already know.  Each one of these pictures, though, is unique in its own way and has captured something quite special.  I gathered them from several days of recent photoshoots to assemble them here all in one place.

(Biggify at will! If you're a Dante fan, you will enjoy it.)

 

This is Dante shot through the open arm of the basket chair on the front porch.
It acted as frame for his profile, I thought.



This is Dante just as he landed after a short flight.
In this shot, you can truly appreciate the length of the big red beast.



I loved this shot because of the rather unique position.  There's a certain flow to it, and a sense of timelessness for some reason.  Like a moment frozen in time, I think.



This, of course, is a close-up of ears with a smattering of whiskers all highlighted by the bright winter sun.
Dante's red fur just intensifies at this time of year -- quite unlike the summer months.



Aside from being a great close-up shot of Dante's handsome face, he has this rather enigmatic look (sort of like a stunned Mona Lisa).



This shot was an outtake, but I rather like it anyway.  Dante was walking toward me and by the time I took the picture, he was already too close.  I like the look of purpose in his eyes, though -- and it's another great ear shot!  Next time I shouldn't wait until he's within earshot to shoot (LOL)!



This is just a super-floofy shot.  I even like the little wet wisp of fur which Dante had just finished grooming.  He looks like a big, fat, happy cat here, even though he's not fat at all.  That fur certainly fills him out!

Well, I hope you've enjoyed the eclectic mix of Dante's pix today.  Dante has many different sides and it will take many more photoshoots to truly capture them all.


22 comments:

Sweet Purrfections said...

You always get such beautiful pictures of Dante. Of course, the subject helps with that.

Mom says she wishes we had more natural light to get pictures of me.

The Florida Furkids said...

Even your outtakes are spectacular!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Anonymous said...

OMC! Dante, you are one of THE most handsomest cats! You are PURRfect for picture taking! LOVE the basket picture!

Jacqueline said...

Dante is a unique and beautifully handsome boy=he never takes a bad picture...We love his awesome furs!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Dante is such a handsome dude, and we always enjoy shots of him. You have a real knack for photography, Wendy.

I changed my settings so hopefully you can communicate with us again.....:) xxxxxxxxxxx

One Cats Nip said...

Dante is sooooooooooo lovely!

Amy & the house of cats said...

These are all great shots of Dante but I admit that my fave is the last one showing how amazingly floofy he is!

SuziQCat said...

Dante is a very photogenic cat. I like the first one with the basket, and the outtake...well who am I kidding? I loved them all!!

Elizabeth and Connor said...

We love the basket picture the best, although all of them are lovely. Mama loves the ear shots--she has some kind of fetish for kitty ears.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Dante you always look so good!

Lisa Kolosey said...

Well done! Always a pleasure to see Dante in his natural element.
~Lisa Co9T

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

We just think that Dante' is the most magnificent cat, no matter the setting, he makes them all more impressive!

Lynx217 said...

We already had our bean convinced coons were the best cats ever, but your fluffiness has cemented it. We have her even saying her next cat's either gonna be a MC or a norwegian forest (she's half norwegian herself so I guess we shouldn't be offended). We pass on some of the rumblepurrs that we got.. the best purrs are purrs shared! Keep your beans warm, dear!

Catline Crew said...

Dante is such a big handsome cat. We love looking at all the photos of Dante.

Anonymous said...

We always love to see your pictures of Dante. These were wonderful!

Whimpurr said...

WHimpurr could never tire of seeing pictures of his highness, Dante!!! *swoon*

GLOGIRLY said...

Dante is gorgeous! My godparents who live in Boston would love him... they have two Maine Coons. Candy and Casey. There's even a picture of each of them in the 100th post collage I did. Candy's face looks SO much like Dante's. They are huge, but not fat. Casey, the boy, is so big that Katie could probably ride him like a horse. Ok, now she's mad at me. Telling me to stop already.

mew!
Katie & Glogirly

8GR8LOLCATS said...

I love ANY picture of Dante the big red cat! Every single square inch of that boy is fabulous! You capture his magnificence so PURRfectly!

Anonymous said...

Big red beast. Rahr!!! Dante, you never cease to amaze!

Quill and Greyson said...

You're welcome to use Cataloon, but I don't think I thought of it myself.

Noll's Nip said...

No doubt about it. Dante is the floofiest and handsomest of mancats.

P.S. I have given him an award and hope to have it posted soon.

Sónia Mendes said...

I love the first picture, it's really beautiful. And that last one too.

Dante is a very handsome cat indeed.

Purrs from Gotchi