Thursday, April 23, 2009

THE TOUCHING TAIL OF DANTE AND BOOMER










This is a series of photos of Dante, when he was just a little over a year old, with his best friend Boomer! Boomer was my son's kitten who synchronistically shared the same birthday as Dante, which is January 15th. These photos were taken in 2003.

Boomer would come to visit purriodically, and the two of them would have the greatest time togefur. I know it looks like Dante is giving Boomer a hard time in some of these pictures, but he was actually grooming him! Dante's maternal instincts came to the fore (or is that the "fur")!

Unfortunately, in the fall of 2007 Boomer went outside and never returned home. He had an adventurous spirit that refused to be closed in. Like the quicksilver he was, he disappeared without a trace.

These pictures are so sweet that I thought they deserved a rePURRise, here on Dante's own purrsonal blog!

8 comments:

Parker said...

Wow, those photos are so very sweet. We are sorry about Boomer dissapearing.

Tuck said...

What adorable pictures!!! Dante, I bet you are a nice mancat! I'm sorry to hear about Boomer disappearing. You must miss him very much!

8GR8LOLCATS said...

I haz a sad now!!! Poor Boomer... my cousin had a Boomer who also sadly- was a feral kitty she took in and he had that bad HCM- and died rather young... Dante you were a good friend to the little guy!!!

Fluffy and Bonkers said...

I luv it. You two were a perfect fit.

Anonymous said...

She's lucky to have him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucy Belle said...

Oh yes, I love the pictures! So much love...a picture really is worth a thousand words.

Shaggy and Scout said...

What a beautiful series of photos!

BeeChilly said...

I love the one with Boomer using Dante as a massive throw rug.